Tired of marketing and sales conversations that lead nowhere? Perhaps your prospect isn’t ready to buy just yet. Or their business doesn’t match your ideal customer profile (ICP).
It happens. But we understand how frustrating and time-consuming it can be. That’s why determining purchase intent is so important.
Purchase intent indicates the likelihood of a person buying your product or service. It can help you identify best-fit opportunities and increase your likelihood of converting leads.
At Intentify Demand, we determine purchase intent to a 97 percent degree of accuracy. Here’s how we do it.
How we unearth your best-fit leads
First thing’s first, we listen to your campaign needs and familiarise ourselves with your ICPs. This information helps our unique AI, Pelago, narrow down our 1st party data and pinpoint contacts with high purchase intent.
Pelago finds relevant opportunities in three ways:
1. Analysing technographic and firmographic data
Much like demographics, technographic and firmographic data reveal valuable ICP information. We can then match this to your criteria.
To summarise the two terms:
- Firmographic data consists of company information. This includes industry (e.g. SaaS, B2C ecommerce), location, company size, and company performance metrics (e.g. annual revenue, market share).
- Technographic data provides insights into the technology stacks companies use. It can also reveal the software they don’t use or could replace. This is useful for adjusting your outreach approach.
2. Deploying NLP TextRank
We know what you’re thinking. What on earth is NLP TextRank?
Well, it’s more simple than it sounds:
- Natural language processing (NLP) is a subset of computer science that allows technology to identify context in written text and spoken words.
- TextRank is a ranking model that harnesses NLP.
In short, we use NLP TextRank to identify relevant keywords in our datasets. For instance, if a customer wants to target not-for-profit companies, we can extract leads with ‘not-for-profit’ in their metadata.
3. Mapping online behaviour
So far, we’ve described how datasets and models help us gather necessary ICP data. But it’s impossible to determine purchase intent with words alone.
To understand a contact’s probability of buying, we map their online behaviour patterns. We focus on:
- Scroll velocity. In other words, how far a person scrolls on a page and at what speed. If a contact reads 75 percent of a blog post about how to boost employee productivity, there’s a strong change they suffer from an unproductive workforce. For project management SaaS companies, this could be a telling indicator of purchase intent.
- Page time. Similarly, page time suggests the interest a contact has in a subject. The longer they spend on a page, the more interest they have.
- Asset downloads. The whitepapers and ebooks a contact downloads can indicate their current mindset. For instance, downloading a guide titled ‘How to choose the best intent data company’ suggests a lead is in the consideration phase of the buying journey.
Scoring leads based on purchase intent
Ninety-four percent of marketers agree that using purchase intent data gives them a competitive advantage. That’s a statistic you can’t argue with.
At Intentify Demand, we use the context you give us to find tailored, best-fit lead opportunities.
Then, with the help of Pelago, we assign each lead a numerical purchase intent value. The higher the value, the more likely they are to engage with your business. And the more likely they’ll want to purchase your product or service.
So, if you’d like to refine your marketing and sales efforts, and avoid leads that lead nowhere, get in touch. Your best-fit opportunities aren’t far away.